Now you know I’m always looking for unusual dates, it does get a bit boring and repetitive always going down to the ‘local’ for a beverage as we discuss how long I’ve been in Australia for, How long I plan to stay, where I’m from in the UK and what I do for a living. I’d much rather break the mould and try something a little bit different.
So imagine my delight when I was approached to give three of you guys a pair of passes to the Organic Expo & Green Show International 2011. Now you guys don’t have to take a date if you win, however I will ensure that I take a victim date along and fill you guys in on the outcome. Which will no doubt be a barrel of laughs at my own expense…?
WHAT: Returning to Sydney for its 7th year, the annual Organic Expo & Green Show is back for 2011 with a bigger International flair and of course better than ever! Over 200 exhibitors are predicted to take part, representing the very best from fashion, beauty, health, food, wine, lifestyle, gardening plus much more!
Kylie Kwong, Tobie Puttock and other chefs will be cooking up a storm, showing visitors how to make a delicious feast using fresh organic produce.
WHEN: Saturday August 6 open 10.00am-6.00pm
Sunday August 7 open 10.00am-5.00pm
WHERE: Hall 3, Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour
WHO: There’s a huge variety of products from fashion, beauty, food, wine, gardening, home wares and baby products – there’s something for everyone to enjoy! Celebrity guests this year include popular chef Kylie Kwong, who will take you on a journey from paddock to plate with her cooking demonstrations; gardening gurus Costa Georgiadis and Jerry Coleby-Williams; plus Beauty Chef Carla Oates who will reveal how to make your own skincare products at home using the ingredients from your fridge!
WHY VISIT: At the Organic Expo & Green show you can indulge your senses in so many ways with an extensive range of exhibitors showcasing the very latest in green and organic products from all over the world. In 2010 over 7000 keen greenies flocked through the doors. Here are just a few reasons why you should put the Organic Expo & Green Show 2011 in your diary now!
- Feast on a huge selection of organic food, both fresh and packaged
- Sip on delicious organic wine, beer and spirits
- Watch and learn from celebrity chefs as they prepare delicious meals using only the best fresh organic ingredients
- Spoil yourself and try out the latest beauty products and treatments
- Play with the kids as they pet the baby farmyard animals and pot up their own veggie seeds to take home and watch grow
- Explore the sustainable fashion, homeware and building exhibitors to find out how you can live a greener lifestyle
- Listen and ask questions to our experts in the Speakers Corner with advice and tips on gardening, nutrition, kids health, wellbeing and the latest in natural living
All you have to do is tell me in 25 words or less what you did today to be green? I took public transport to work, it’s not easy being green!
If you’re not one of my lucky winners you can buy the passes online:
Cost: Buy online and avoid the queues at the door!
General Pass $18 / 2 Day Pass $30 / Family $55 (2 x general + 2 x kids)
Concession $15 (kids 12-16, seniors & students) / under 12 free